Monday, July 22, 2013

No Podcasting/SDCC/Geekie Awards!!



So things have been kinda slow for me here. I haven’t written any blog post, I haven’t recorded any podcast… I mean hell I haven’t even done any promoting. Why not? Well my stuff got stolen out of my friend’s car… again. About few months back I had my stuff stolen from Thomas’s car and it happened again on the 4th of July.  Now I’m trying to replace everything again and I’m using my mother’s computer to do it which doesn’t give me much time to work on what I normally work on. How can the same thing happen to the same man twice in one year?! I don’t know but hopefully I’ll be back in full gear soon.



On a lighter note, Comic-con was this past weekend and of course I didn’t go, mostly because I’m pretty broke, but I did get to catch up on some of the things that are happening. First off, the biggest news for me was the fact that Batman will show up in Man of Steel 2!! I didn’t freak out so much after hearing this, (cut to me geeking out and screaming at people), but I definitely can’t wait to see how they handle seeing a live action Batman/Superman movie.  My one big question in the whole Batman/Superman movie is who would be a big enough villain for these two to team up and take on? Lex Luthor? Dooms Days? How about Darkside? I guess we will have to wait and see.


Another big thing that got me excited was season four of The Walking Dead. The trailer looks wicked awesome and it had me feeling things I haven’t felt since the end of season two of the show. For those who are living under a rock somewhere, The Walking Dead is a show set in a zombified Georgia where we follow a group of people trying to survive this new world while dealing with not only zombies or “Walkers” as they call them , but trusting people in this new world of the dead. I’m looking forward to seeing the aftermath of season three in this upcoming season of the show but my one question is… what happened to the Governor? I mean he kinda just drives off at the end of season 3. Anyway I’m hoping this season will be much better than three. I mean season three had a lot of build up that just went nowhere I felt.


All and all, it seemed like SDCC was big this year and hopefully it will be even bigger and I will get to go!!



Before I close this out I want to talk about an upcoming award show called, The Geekie Awards. Now I’ve
been behind this idea for months and the idea is to do an award show for the geekiest of geeks. The mind behind this, Kristen Nedopak, has been promoting the hell out of this show and I for one can’t wait to see how it turns out. So far it looks like they got a lot of presenters like Andrew Bowen from Saint Rows and Rock Jocks, Ashley Esqueda from Techfoolery , Bonnie Burton from Star Wars Craft and Geek DIY, Brea Grant from Dexter and Heroes (Loved her in Heroes!), Chase Masterson from Star Trek: DS9, Grant Imahara from Myth Busters, Kevin Shinick from MAD and Robot Chicken, Richard Hatch from Battlestar Galactica, and award winning authors the Winner Twins. The only thing missing is the host pretty much but I, as The Evil TeddyBear, am willing to throw my hat into the host ring… one year. For now I hope they some awesome and who can work the crowd like big time.


Visit The Geekie Awards website to buy your tickets today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment